Do's & Don'ts
Every state, city and region approves
a certain kind of acceptable behavior, of the inhabitants and
travellers, the negligence of which may otherwise result in awkward and
sometimes serious crisis. Chennai is a place where one can do a great
many things, unless it is harmful or hurting the interests of others.
Although not formally established rules, but the following
considerations must be taken care of while travelling in Chenai:
- Before starting off to Chennai double check the things that you
would be taking along.
- Have a prior and thorough knowledge of the places you would be
visiting in Chennai.
- In Chennai seek the services of government agencies and credible
- Respect the local culture and be amicable.
- Do visit the popular monuments, worshipping places, beaches,
parks and museums.
- The places you are likely going to visit in the city are
Freemasons Hall, Madras War Cemetery, Valluvar Kottam, Ripon
Building, Theosophical Society, Doveton House, Pancha Mandapams, The
Senate House, Kamaraj Memorial House, Bharathiyar Illam, Anna
Square, Vivekananda Illam, Fort St. George, MGR Film City.
- The popular worshipping places of Chennai are more than sacred.
Do pay visits to Parthasarathy Temple, Kapaleeswarar Temple, Shree
Gujrati Swetamber, ISKCON Temple, Vadapalani Temple, Kandaswamy
Temple, Marundeeswarar Temple, Ashtalakshmi Temple, Thousand Light
Mosque, Big Mosque, St. Mary's Church, Armenian Church, The Santhome
Cathedral, St. Andrews Church, Luz Church, Christ the King Church.
- It is recommended to consult a credible tour and travel agency.
The agencies provide guides and conduct tours with less hassles.
- For long distances travel by train.
- Check out the popular food served in restaurants.
Things that should be normally be avoided are as:
- Fake operators and touts.
- Making any kind of harm to monuments and tourist attractions.
- Entering any of the tourist places or worshipping places without
- Unnecessary filming of the people.
- Making any harm to flora or fauna in animal retreats.
- Through litter at tourist or public places.