The small globe lying in one of the
corners of your room is actually a very big place. There are people,
called globe trotters, who are fond of exploring new lands and enriching
themselves with new experiences. The globe trotters have or develop one
distinguished trait and that is to look for the right thing and at the
right place. Chennai is a great destination and it would be a blunder to
miss essential things during a sojourn in the city. Therefore, it is
recommended to have a prior knowledge of the place, once you are
destined to reach the place. Some essential facts about the city that a
tourist must know as such are:
- Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu state is primarily a developed
urban centre. The city features a number of industrial and
commercial places. Some of the regions like Ambattur (extension of
Chennai) are better known for these factors only. So, do not expect
a fantasy island at such places.
- The prime attractions in the city are popular temples, churches
and mosques. There are going to be a good lot of people when you
reach for these places. For solitude and a nice quite holiday try
the beaches instead.
- The city is the least populated amongst the metropolitan cities
of India. But that in no way means that it is sparsely populated.
You will find a good crowd, especially in the central most regions
of Chennai like Egmore, George Town and Triplicane.
- Chennai culture is very difficult to define. The region is marked
by a culture that is dominated by Tamil traits and subdued
- The place falls in the south east of India, has an international
and domestic airport terminal, railway network that connects it with
other cities of India and a vast network of roadways. For
commutation there are buses, taxis, autorickshaws.
- The climate is hot and humid. In summers people do sweat and the
temperature is not tolerable.
- One important thing about Chennai - the actual city center and
geographical city center do not coincide.
- Tamil and Malyalam dialects are largely used by the people. Do
not panic, there are Hindi and Urdu speakers as well, besides
- People are quite literate and the rate is without doubts high -