In the Luz suburbs of the Chennai city is located the lush green
Nageswara Park. The park lies off the Luz Church Road in the
southern outskirts of the city.
Nageswara Park was thrown open to public access in the year 1940.
The park at that consisted of a small strip of land that served as a
hangout place for the residentials in the adjoining region. In the
same year that is 1940 three volunteers named Ramayee Ammal, M.
Nainappa Mudaliyar and V. Kumaraswamy Raja donated a portion of land
that was lying adjacent to the original park area. After that,
government undertook a number of measures for further developing the
park. The developmental works in the last decade of the 20th century
has given a new identity to the place, in the form of beautiful
Lush green lawns, sidewalks, fountains, furnished benches, garden
lights and a specific area for kids are some of the features of
Nageswara Park. The park grounds are provided with with a variety of
trees like Capsia Fistula, Lapostromea, Neem, Palms and Tabulia.
Many varieties of ornamental and medicinal plants are also
cultivated in the park.
The park is open on all days from 7.30 a.m. onwards.
The park is at a walking distance from the Tirumailai Railway
The nearest bus station is located at Mylapore, less than three